Monday, June 13, 2011

Breathe & Try Like Hell to Release

First, before I get into today's shenanigans, I gotta give props to my fellow Bikram yogini, Lauren. She's been pregnant for nine months & some change, and she showed up at class today. She looks amazing and did all of the poses--even the ones adjusted for pregnant women--with no problem. The above pix is from a few days ago, but who cares! Go Lauren & bebeh!

Now, onto Julia's Bikram World. Meh. It stopped spinning today. In fact, it's hurtling through space and will hopefully be caught up in one of them thar black holes the Jesus freaks say don't exist. My concentration was in the shitter due to the current unpleasantness I'm experiencing. I tried to let it all go in the studio, but I couldn't. Chilling out in Savasana didn't help either. (My goodness--that photo looks like it's of a cult that's just downed some poison & is waiting for the Mother Ship to take them home.)

With each deep breath, my anxiety grew and eventually, my stomach began to ache. This is not the physical condition one wants to be in when doing any type of exercise, but I pushed through. What else was I gonna do? Melt into a puddle onto the floor? Oh HELL no. What's the point of giving up when you're already in the room? Might as well just go with the flow! This mindset worked--sort of.

By this pose, I resembled someone who's pregnant with twins because of the stomach pains. I didn't touch my water because that would only make it worse, so I relied on that patience I'm known for, and breathed my way through the pain.

All was quiet in the dome during this one. The pain had subsided considerably and I was able to finish my practice without wincing. However, my mind was still reeling over the mess that is my life.

Somethings can't be helped.

A side note: Today in 1958, Frank Zappa graduated from high school. This is for his fans. And for the woman in class today who had a fucking RAGING case of athlete's foot. Next time honey, please stay the fuck home.







5 comments:

  1. nice, we had a woman who practised at our studio all the way to the day she gave birth! so beautiful to watch her stomach grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep going! the woman who is pregnant rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, she's amazing and really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anonymous,
    If you don't want to read about any unpleasantness, you don't have to. Read something else. I'm sure there's plenty of rosy BS for you to spend your precious time on. For others, we appreciate reading about someone's interests and passions, honest struggles and the desire to overcome them.

    ReplyDelete