Sunday, May 29, 2011

AHHHH! That's what I'm talkin' about!

I feel alive again. So alive in fact, I gotta post this "cheasy" listening tune for your enjoyment. (Side note: How can you NOT love this movie? It's one of Joel Silver's finest producing efforts EVER.)

Back to the hot room. I immediately felt better the moment when I entered the studio and saw my fave teacher, Beth, at the front desk checking everyone in. She's good people. When I moseyed into the hot room, I decided to put my mat in the middle where it is a bit cooler than my usual spot in the back. I tested it today--back of the room is definitely the hottest--even though the owner/teachers claim it's not. My system is quite sensitive to temp change, so I respectfully disagree with them.

The opening breathing exercise showed how rusty I was, however, I wasn't as rusty as originally thought. I  felt much better by about the fifth breath and continued to improve with each pose. So much so I pushed myself more than usual and wasn't in agony like I was during Monday's class. My shoulder pain has disappeared for the time being too--another good sign that I'm doing something right in my life.

Triangle pose wasn't a killer either--it usually leaves my left knee giving me the finger and buckling so I fall on my ass. The thing is, I have extremely strong thighs from years of cycling. I wouldn't be surprised if I could crack walnuts with 'em--that's how powerful they are. Having this freakish amount of thigh strength, makes it easier to get into this pose, this too, let's add this too ... and finally, this one. I do believe that once I drop more weight, all poses will get easier.

Now, on with my day, but not after one more ELO/Xanadu overture with Gene Kelly and his fancy feets.


2 comments:

  1. i heart gene kelly. utkatasana rocks. should be easy since you have delicious thighs. this yoga is a little weird to me but it's ok. i'm open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I like it, natch. One of these days I'd like to try ashtanga!

    ReplyDelete